Our client, a leading property and life insurance company, wanted to relocate its offices across the U.S. Its shared services team lacked skilled test engineers for mission-critical applications in the claims, product and e-signature teams. Also migrating to DevOps implementation, the client needed a high-performing team with deep experience in Waterfall/Agile lifecycles; strong manual and automated test design and implementation skills; and the ability to perform API, database, mobile, system integration and load/ performance testing. They needed a scalable team to promote testing best practices and evangelize Agile and DevOps methodologies.
Experis designed a Managed Resource Team approach with local delivery support to take responsibility for the composition of the testing teams, tester performance, and quality deliverables. Experis worked closely with client stakeholders to address evolving project requirements and forecast service needs.
Experis then worked internationally with multiple hiring managers across various domains to identify specific skills and automation needs.
Our rigorous technical screening ensured that the team had solid quality engineering skills including technical testing depth, aptitude to learn the domain, communication, and the ability to mentor others. Candidates were also evaluated for experience in helping organizations transition from manual regression to automated regression testing.
- Functional Test Automation (Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Mobile Test Automation (Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Proficiency with development languages (Java, C#, Python)
- Load and Performance Testing (JMeter, LoadRunner)
- Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Agile Planning Tools (JIRA)
- Defect Management (HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (Git, TFS, RTC)
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Octopus, Hudson)
- Web Services, API Testing Tools (SoapUI, Postman)
- Experience with transitioning testing to the cloud
- Experience developing and implementing a full automation solution with DevOps including strategy-building, tool evaluation, framework creation, proof of concept, implementation plan and knowledge transition
Experis provided a comprehensive solution to meet our client’s testing challenges in migrating to DevOps and implementing Agile software development methodologies with evolving project objectives and requirements.
The solution centralized a group of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) to help the client scale team resources and serve many projects while converting the group members to full-time employees. This increased test knowledge across multiple teams and enabled them to replace manual regression tests with automation as part of the continuous integration process.
This approach helped the client’s managers save time in team selection, ongoing performance review, and future hiring for each resource, while reducing the organization’s engagement costs. This same approach and scalable processes are used to augment future moves to other parts of the U.S.
Experis delivered a scalable solution with high-quality, U.S.-based resources to complement the existing workforce and offshore partners as the client transitions to a DevOps organization.