A regional bank holding company headquartered in Ohio had an immediate need to drive manual testing costs down while implementing an Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) process with a Ruby/Cucumber automation solution. While there were other attempts to accelerate automation, there was no solid definition of scope or organized planning to bring the automation solution together to meet business goals.
Experis’ automation expert collaborated with multiple departments and stakeholders to define business objectives and test requirements. This created a clear path forward to design and implement an automated test suite and maintainable framework that minimized manual testing from the beginning of the test cycle. Training and mentoring was conducted for the immediate QA team so they could maintain an accelerated velocity in the automation effort across the enterprise.
Working with Experis, the client saw immediate results:
- Regression automation was completed for two lines of business, with stellar progress made in mobile and web areas (945 total scripts)
- The client saved 733 hours within one release cycle
- The client is projected to save 3,504 hours annually
- Web-driven test data and user data generation is automated
- Teams adopted sprint-level automation processes
- Within two months, all QA resources gained self-sufficiency in their functions